VISA InformationVisitor Visa Application Form can be downloaded from Bureau of Consular Affairs website and the completed form with supporting documents should be submitted to Bureau of Consular Affairs for visa issuance.
The nationals of the following countries are eligible for the visa exemption program:
|Region||90-Day Visa-Exempt Stay||30-Day Visa-Exempt Stay|
|East Asia||Japan, Republic of Korea||---|
|South-East Asia||---||Malaysia, Singapore|
|West Asia||Cyprus, Israel||---|
|Oceania||Australia, New Zealand||---|
|North America||U.S.A., Canada||---|
|East Europe||Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania||---|
|West Europe||Belgium, France, Ireland, Luxembourg, Monaco, The Netherlands, U.K.||---|
|Central Europe||Austria, Czech Republic, Germany, Hungary, Liechtenstein, Poland, Slovakia, Slovenia, Switzerland||---|
|South Europe||Andorra, Bulgaria, Croatia, Greece, Italy, Malta, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Spain,
Vatican City State
Online Application for R.O.C. (Taiwan) Travel Authorization Certificate (Applicable to citizens of India, Indonesia, Vietnam, the Philippines and Thailand)
The nationals of India, Thailand, Vietnam, the Philippines and Indonesia, who possess a valid visa (including an electric one) (**) or permanent resident certificate issued by U.S.A., Canada, Japan, U.K., Schengen Convention countries, Australia or New Zealand, are eligible for the visa exemption program, which permits a duration of stay up to 30 days. Those who meet the above qualification and have never been employed in Taiwan as blue-collar workers have to apply to the "Advance Online Registration System for the Visitors of Nationals from Five Southeast Asian Countries to Taiwan" of the R.O.C. National Immigration Agency (Website: https://niaspeedy.immigration.gov.tw/nia_southeast/) for an "Authorization Certificate" before coming to Taiwan.
After completion, the printed-out Certificate can be used by the foreign visitor for boarding the airplane and the immigration inspection. During the immigration inspection, foreign visitors who cannot show a valid visa or permanent resident certificate issued by one of the aforementioned countries will not be admitted into the R.O.C.
** A single-entry visa becomes invalid once it has already been used. However, a used single-entry visa might be acceptable for the purpose of immigration inspection to enter Taiwan, if it meets the following conditions:
1. On the same continuing journey, the visa holder uses it to enter the visa issuing country prior to his/her arrival in Taiwan; and
2. The visa holder will arrive in Taiwan before its expiration date.
Visitor Visa for Attending Conference/Exhibition
|VISITOR VISA FOR ATTENDING CONFERENCE / EXHIBITION|
|1. Completed & signed application form||Please access the website: https://visawebapp.boca.gov.tw/ to fill out application form online and print it out.|
|2. Two passport-size photos in color within 6 months||Photos with a white color background|
|3. Passport (original & photocopy)||Valid for 6 months with blank pages|
|4. Evidence of documents||Invitation Letter or proof of exhibition & applicant's ID|
|5. Other additional documents may be required during processing||Ticket, electronic ticket or proof of a travel agency|
1. Applicants can lodge their applications with the necessary documents and statutory fee at our overseas missions.
2. Interview may be required when necessary.
1. Visas are issued as stipulated by Article 12 of the Statute Governing Issuance of ROC Visas for Foreign Passports. As a sovereign nation, the ROC has the right to refuse applications for visas without providing any explanation for such decisions; visa application fee is not refundable.
2. Please refer to "Standard Fees for Republic of China (Taiwan) Visas in Foreign Passports."
Nationals of the Designated Countries Applying for Visitor Visas to the Republic of China
Nationals from the following countries applying for visitor visas to the R.O.C. must fulfill the required procedures. For more details, please visit the website. http://www.boca.gov.tw/ct.asp?xItem=1836&ctNode=777&mp=2
|India (Identity Certificate)||Iran||Iraq|
Please visit the Bureau of Consular Affairs, Ministry of Foreign Affairs for more information:
1. Detailed Information on Republic of China Visitor Visas: Visitor Visa for Attending Conference/ Exhibition
2. Letter of Guarantee for Visa Application might be required for those countries
3. Flow Chart for Visitor Visa Application
1. It is strongly suggested that participants, especially from the designated counties, should apply their VISA at least 3 months before the conference in order to prevent the failure of obtaining VISA.
2. Participants are responsible for their VISA obtaining and should follow the required procedures to complete VISA applications and its following process.
3. The Conference Secretariat will assist participants in providing required documents only for VISA purpose (such as invitation letters). Please contact us via e-mail: email@example.com